3. OCTEONTX SSOVF Eventdev Driver
The OCTEONTX SSOVF PMD (librte_pmd_octeontx_ssovf) provides poll mode eventdev driver support for the inbuilt event device found in the Cavium OCTEONTX SoC family as well as their virtual functions (VF) in SR-IOV context.
More information can be found at Cavium, Inc Official Website.
Features of the OCTEONTX SSOVF PMD are:
- 64 Event queues
- 32 Event ports
- HW event scheduler
- Supports 1M flows per event queue
- Flow based event pipelining
- Flow pinning support in flow based event pipelining
- Queue based event pipelining
- Supports ATOMIC, ORDERED, PARALLEL schedule types per flow
- Event scheduling QoS based on event queue priority
- Open system with configurable amount of outstanding events
- HW accelerated dequeue timeout support to enable power management
- SR-IOV VF
3.2. Supported OCTEONTX SoCs
See :doc: ../platform/octeontx for setup information.
3.4. Pre-Installation Configuration
3.4.1. Config File Options
The following options can be modified in the
Please note that enabling debugging options may affect system performance.
Toggle compilation of the
Toggle display of generic debugging messages
3.4.2. Driver Compilation
To compile the OCTEONTX SSOVF PMD for Linux arm64 gcc target, run the
cd <DPDK-source-directory> make config T=arm64-thunderx-linuxapp-gcc install
The octeontx eventdev is exposed as a vdev device which consists of a set of SSO group and work-slot PCIe VF devices. On EAL initialization, SSO PCIe VF devices will be probed and then the vdev device can be created from the application code, or from the EAL command line based on the number of probed/bound SSO PCIe VF device to DPDK by
rte_vdev_init("event_octeontx")from the application
--vdev="event_octeontx"in the EAL options, which will call rte_vdev_init() internally
3.6.1. Burst mode support
Burst mode is not supported. Dequeue and Enqueue functions accepts only single event at a time.
3.6.2. Rx adapter support
When eth_octeontx is used as Rx adapter event schedule type
RTE_SCHED_TYPE_PARALLEL is not supported.