[dpdk-dev] IP address range for PCAPs in pktgen

Wiles, Roger Keith keith.wiles at windriver.com
Sat Dec 7 04:29:30 CET 2013

Sent from the wrong email account.

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist for Networking member of the CTO office, Wind River
direct 972.434.4136  mobile 940.213.5533  fax 000.000.0000
[Powering 30 Years of Innovation]<http://www.windriver.com/announces/wr30/>

On Dec 6, 2013, at 7:26 PM, Pktgen <pktgen.dpdk at gmail.com<mailto:pktgen.dpdk at gmail.com>> wrote:

At this time no you can not modify the PCAP packets within Pktgen and I may add it in the future. At this time you can use a few tools like tcprewrite a tool from the tcpreplay suite (I think). I have had some the the guys here use it with some success.

I have not used this tool, but it maybe useful too: http://www.lovemytool.com/blog/2011/05/use-hxd-to-edit-capture-files-by-joke-snelders.html

Thank you, ++Keith
Keith Wiles
pktgen.dpdk at gmail.com<mailto:pktgen.dpdk at gmail.com>