[dpdk-dev] Is rte_mempool library is multi-thread safe ???

ankit kumar akprajapati616 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:57:59 CET 2013

Hi,

 I was testing  rte_ring in DPDK as it provides multi-consumer &
multi-produce queue(lock-free but not wait-free).

It was working fine but i am not sure that memory allocation &
deallocation in rte_mempool library, is multi-thread safe or not.
       Because its giving me error during allocation(from
multi-thread) as "Allocation failed(returned pointer is NULL in
allocation function rte_pktmbuf_alloc())"  & during rte_pktmbuf_free()
it generates segmentation fault and when i traced out, core file
generated, it indicated that the problem is in rte_pktmbuf_free().

Any help !!!