[dpdk-dev] l2fwd-vf application

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Jul 31 14:04:05 CEST 2013

Hello,

31/07/2013 09:29, Jayakumar Satri :
>            Just started experimenting with the dpdk. Working with
> dpdk-1.2.3r4. I was running the l2fwd-vf application using virtual box. I
> got the following error.
>
> “Cause: No Ethernet port – bye”

You are trying to use a VF driver. Is virtual box emulating a VF device ?
This example application initialize 3 drivers: igb, ixgbe, ixgbevf.
Please check the device support of your hypervisor (virtual box here).
You can also check the supported drivers of DPDK-1.3 in this page:
	http://dpdk.org/doc/nics

About the form of your email:
- Please do not use HTML when posting to this mailing-list.
- Your email CANNOT be confidential so do not put this ugly signature (twice)
Just look how your email is ugly when archived:
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2013-July/000367.html

--
Thomas