[dpdk-dev] Sending & Receiving Packets

Peter Chen peter.feifan.chen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 06:52:49 CEST 2013

I was wondering how I can send/receive packets from my computer to my
server which has dpdk running. Since what seems to happen is that dpdk
binds to the ethernet device, what would be its IP address?

For example how would I send a ping from one computer to my server with
dpdk binded to the NIC?

Would I send a packet with only MAC address and dpdk binded NIC would pick
it up and move the packet up to dpdk and then to the user space? Just kind
of confused how that works. I would be grateful for any help!

Peter