[dpdk-dev] L2/L3 FWD App

Farrukh Aftab Khan Farrukh.Khan at xflowresearch.com
Tue Jun 25 20:15:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am a newbie at DPDK, just trying to get some basic applications to run to
understand it. One of the apps that I have been trying to run is provided
with the source code i.e. L3 FWD App. Are there any changes which I should
be hard coding in the file for it to work?

>From what I understand, I have to hard code a rule for LPM (<dst_ip>,
depth/subnet, output interface) in "ipv4_l3fwd_route_array". The
destination IP is matched with the destination IP field of the incoming
packet and the output port refers to the NIC port itself. I have tried
running this application this way, but I do not see any packets being
forwarded to my receiver.

Are there any other changes I need to make?
I am using Ostinato as the traffic generator. I am generating ICMP packets
with dst_MAC=MAC address of the NIC port.

Any help or heads up would be appreciated, thanks.
Best regards

-
Farrukh Aftab Khan