[dpdk-dev] rte_eth_dev_count() returns 0

Bhavesh Davda bhavesh at vmware.com
Fri May 10 21:10:42 CEST 2013

Hi Stephen,

I checked both our hypervisor code and with the experts who wrote and maintain the code, and we don't have any such limitation about not supporting SR-IOV if the motherboard or device doesn't support PCIe ASPM.

If you can point me to the Intel person(s) who gave you that information (offline, no need to make this public :)), we can make sure such FUD doesn't continue getting spread too far.

Thanks for making us aware of this FUD though.

--
Bhavesh Davda