[dpdk-dev] dpdk shared lib build

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 00:24:08 CET 2013

Hi,

Building dpdk app. as a shared library (.so) I believe is supported but I
can't find any documentation for it.  I tried doing the same Makefile
format as building an app, and that is placed the following:

rte.vars.mk   ---------> before everything
rte.extshared.mk -----------> after everything

At first make, spits the following error:

  INSTALL-SHARED
cp: missing destination file operand after ‘/home/mydpdklib/src/build/lib’
Try 'cp --help' for more information.
make: *** [/home/linc/src/erlpmd.git/src/build/lib] Error 1

Second make, will do nothing, and lib does not contain any .so file.
 Additionally I added  LIB = mylib.so

Could somebody please tell me if I'm doing the right thing ?

Thanks
Pepe
--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.