[dpdk-dev] Surprisingly high TCP ACK packets drop counter

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Sat Nov 2 06:29:34 CET 2013

Hi Alexander,

Regarding your following statement --
"
The only drop counter quickly increasing in the case of pure ACK flood is ierrors, while rx_nombuf remains zero.
"

Can you please explain the significance of "ierrors" counter since I am not familiar with that.

Further,  you said you have 4 queues, how many cores  are you using for polling the queues ? Hopefully 4 cores for one queue each without locks.
[It is absolutely critical that all 4 queues be polled]
Further, is it possible so that your application itself reports the traffic receive in packets per second on each queue ? [Don't try to forward the traffic here, simply receive and drop in your app and sample the counters every second]

Regards
-Prashant