[dpdk-dev] Unable to compile DPDK 1.5 on Debian GNU/Linux: lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/igb_uio

Cyril Cressent cyril.cressent at intel.com
Mon Nov 4 16:35:48 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 01:58:56PM +0100, Marc Sune wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am unable to compile DPDK 1.5 (and previous versions) on Debian
> GNU/Linux Wheezy (7) and Squeeze (6).
>
> It seems to me an issue with Make, probably different default flags
> on this distribution, since the problematic Makefile is really
> there. The funny part is that I was able to compile it on other
> Debian-like systems (Ubuntu), but not on all of them. Of course I
> can install another OS, but it is annoying to move from the usual
> environment, and in principle it _should_ work.
>
> Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Actually, a colleague of mine told me that this issue has been observed
before on machines with mismatching kernel version and kernel headers
version.

Can you verify that:

1. You have installed the kernel headers
   If not, installing the "linux-headers" package should do.

2. You don't have mismatching kernel and headers versions

Cyril