[dpdk-dev] ways to generate 40Gbps with two NICs x two ports?

Wiles, Roger Keith keith.wiles at windriver.com
Tue Nov 19 17:31:06 CET 2013

How do you have Pktgen configured in this case?

On my westmere dual socket 3.4Ghz machine I can send 20G on a single NIC 82599x two ports. My machine has a PCIe bug that does not allow me to send on more then 3 ports at wire rate. I get close to 40G 64 byte packets, but the forth port does is about 70% of wire rate because of the PCIe hardware bottle neck problem.

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist for Networking member of the CTO office, Wind River
direct 972.434.4136  mobile 940.213.5533  fax 000.000.0000
[Powering 30 Years of Innovation]<http://www.windriver.com/announces/wr30/>