[dpdk-dev] Query regarding multiple processes in DPDK

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Mon Nov 25 05:08:22 CET 2013

Hi Bruce,

One more question --

Suppose the first instance comes up as primary and creates the mbuf pool and rings etc. [ok]
Now, the second instance comes up as secondary and does the corresponding lookup functions [ok]
Now the primary exits -- at this point can the secondary still run with all the memory to which it had done the lookup intact, or does the fact that primary died will lead to all the memory also taken away with it so that the secondary can no longer function now ?

Regards
-Prashant