[dpdk-dev] Regarding VM live migration with SRIOV

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Fri Nov 29 06:55:01 CET 2013

Hi Stephen,

Agreed that the current code does not directly support hotplug.

Now I am looking for a hint regarding how best the DPDK application can find out that the PCI device on which it was doing the I/O has been removed from underneath. In that case the application can call the ethdev stop and ethdev close functions gracefully.
Question is -- is there a way for the PMD to know that the device is gone.

Further the PCI device is a mapped memory, so when the plugout of the PCI device happen, is the DPDK application, which is doing I/O, vulnerable to a crash ?

Regards
-Prashant