[dpdk-dev] sending and receiving packets

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Thu Oct 17 13:36:56 CEST 2013

Hi Gopi,

I have not worked with rumpkernel tcpip stack.
Does it run 'with' the DPDK in the userspace and is your tcp client application interacting over sockets to that tcpip stack in user space ?

If your stack is running in the kernel, then ofcourse you have to use a tap interface to interface with the kernel.

Can you describe your usecase in more details eg. what is the dpdk app, is the tcp client itself the dpdk app and so forth.

Normally, I use tcpclient/server as a normal linux kernel interfacing apps. I run a DPDK app and use a tap interface to switch packets in an out of the kernel. The kernel interacts over sockets with tcpclient/server as usual.

Regards
-Prashant