[dpdk-dev] Request for a feature in PMD

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Wed Oct 30 07:08:23 CET 2013

Hi Gal, Daniel, Etai,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I could use the refcnt for my usecase effectively.

I just bumped up the refcount by 1 when I don't want to free it. The rte_pktmbuf_free automatically decreases it by 1 and frees the packet only when the refcount reaches zero.
So this is a pretty neat use of refcnt. I wonder if this usecase should be documented in the userguide somewhere.

Regards
-Prashant