[dpdk-dev] Using DPDK in a multiprocess environment

Shaw, Jeffrey B jeffrey.b.shaw at intel.com
Tue Apr 8 17:50:28 CEST 2014

Have you tried calling "rte_eal_init()" closer to the beginning of the program in your secondary process (i.e. the first thing in main())?

The same mmap address is required.  The reason is simple, if process A thinks the virtual address of an mbuf is 123, and process B thinks the virtual address of the same mbuf is 456, either process may segmentation fault, accessing mbuf memory that is not actually mapped into the processes address space.

Jeff