[dpdk-dev] I350 drops packet on rte_eth_tx_burst()

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 07:59:28 CEST 2014

Hi friends,

Even after installing all the required igb drivers for I350 (the device
seems to work perfect on the host machine), am unable to transmit packets
using the same device (on Intel DPDK) using

ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(port_ids[lcore_id], 0, m_pool, burst_size);

At times it might transfer 10 or 15 packets in a burst_size of 64
At times all packets are getting dropped

I'm using 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04
Kernel : 3.2.0-29-generic

I have built the kernel and library modules(Intel DPDK) with

make config T=x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc
make

loaded modules with

sudo modprobe uio

sudo insmod ./x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc/kmod/igb_uio.ko

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards