[dpdk-dev] rte_eth_dev_configure fails on VM with e1000 drivers

Tomasz K tomasz.kasowicz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:37:00 CEST 2014

Hi Gopi
I recently run into the same problem when using 82576 with igb_uio on VM.
The problem is not e1000 or igb. The problem is with the other network
device managed by virtio-pci driver

Notice that when application polls for ETH devices it prints out
EAL:   probe driver: 1af4:1000 rte_virtio_pmd
EAL:   0000:00:03.0 not managed by UIO driver, skipping

So even though this NIC is not managed by igb_uio driver the app prints
that driver used for it is rte_virtio_pmd.
After setting up ETH devices app tries to set up tx/rx queues and it fails
on port 0 (which is virtio)

You can try and run the application with -p 0x6 instead of 0x3. This should
mask out port0 from configuration

Thanks
Tomasz