[dpdk-dev] DPDK with port partitioning

Tomasz K tomasz.kasowicz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:05:49 CEST 2014

Hi All

I'm trying to setup a system with 3 VMs.
Each VM has a VF assigned to it. (based on instructions from Programmers
Guide).

I found a white paper by Patrick Kutch which describes how to do it using
the linux driver and ip route commands. The problem is that I need to
create VFs using the linux driver, and i want to create VFs using the
igb_uio (which works ok)

Is it even possible to set port partitioning using the dpdk driver.
If yes then how to do it?
- Use PF to VF Mailbox (simply add some code on host which would set it)?
- use appropriate eth_xxx_link_update() function when running DPDK on VM?

Thanks in advance
Tomasz

Host: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz
OS Host: 3.2.0-52-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 26 16:21:44 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
OS Guest: 3.2.0-52-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 26 16:21:44 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
NIC: 82576NS