[dpdk-dev] Debugging EAL PCI / Driver Init

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Sat Aug 2 17:43:10 CEST 2014

Also, when using the separate libraries the problem still happens:

-lethdev -lrte_cfgfile -lrte_cmdline -lrte_distributor -lrte_hash
-lrte_ip_frag -lrte_lpm -lrte_malloc -lrte_mbuf -lrte_mempool -lrte_pmd_e1000
-lrte_pmd_pcap -lrte_pmd_virtio_uio -lrte_pmd_vmxnet3_uio -lrte_port
-lrte_ring -lrte_table -lrte_timer -lrte_eal -lbsd -ldl -lpcap -lpthread

So it seems there is a special order or link technique which must be used, or
rte_eal's PCI code won't be able to load the PMD's during PCI probing. Is it
documented anywhere how to get that to work?

Thanks,
Matthew.