[dpdk-dev] [Dpdk-ovs] Questions about the OpenStack Neutron with Intel Architecture document

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:28:03 CEST 2014

Thank you for the reply.

I installed DPDK 1.7.0 on RedHat 6.5 with Kernel 3.7.10 and it seems
compiled successfully.

When execute the HelloWorld example, however, there was a panic error as
below:
1024 hugepages of size 2097152 reserved, but no mounted hugetlbfs found for
that size
PANIC in rte_eal_init():
Cannot get hugepage information

The PC has Intel ATOM Processor and I binded a NIC to igb_uio module. I
think the hugepage reservation is also correctly done since I put "echo
1024 > /sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-2048kB/nr_hugepages"

What should I check to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Byeong-Gi KIM