[dpdk-dev] next releases

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Mon Aug 25 19:15:25 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I am back from holidays; thanks for all the
patches/reviews/comments done during last weeks.

I'd like to have a version 1.7.1, ideally at the end of this week.

For the coming days,
   - first priority is to integrate bug fixes
   - some changes which do not imply API could be part of 1.7.1
   - please, do not send more features until 1.8.0-rc1
   - features that have been been *properly* reviewed or acked before
     end of august will be integrated in 1.8.0-rc1
   - all pending features which do not have any review will be postponed
     after 1.8.0-rc1
   - then rc2 will integrate new features if *properly* reviewed at that time

I'd like to have some cleanups in version 1.8. Examples:
   - get rid of doxygen warnings
   - check if compile time options can be moved to run time
   - rename some options (CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_*_PMD -> CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_*)
   - merge common code between linux and bsd implementions
   - check secondary process rights
   - remove drivers lists from code for easy integration of new drivers
   - use rte_eth_dev_atomic_read_link_status in drivers
   - use librte_cfgfile instead of examples/qos_sched
   - add sysfs functions as eal services
   - replace printf calls by rte functions
   - use new assert macros for unit tests
   - remove kni traces from bsd