[dpdk-dev] overcommitting CPUs

Zhou, Danny danny.zhou at intel.com
Tue Aug 26 18:59:14 CEST 2014

Agreed, but DPDK is currently pure poll-mode based, so unlike the NAPI' simple algorithm, the new heuristic algorithm should not switch from poll-mode to interrupt-mode immediately once there is no packet in the recent poll. Otherwise, mode switching will be too frequent which brings serious negative performance impact to DPDK.