[dpdk-dev] [RFC] lib/librte_vhost: qemu vhost-user support into DPDK vhost library

Tetsuya.Mukawa mukawa at igel.co.jp
Wed Aug 27 07:27:42 CEST 2014

Hi Changchun,

(2014/08/27 14:01), Ouyang, Changchun wrote:
> Agree with you, the performance should be same as the data path (RX/TX) is not affected,
> The difference between implementation only exists in the virtio device creation and destroy stage.
Yes, I agree. Also There may be the difference, if a virtio-net driver
on a guest isn't poll mode like a virtio-net device driver in the
kernel. In the case, existing vhost implementation uses the eventfd
kernel module, and vhost-user implementation uses eventfd to kick the
driver. So I guess there will be the difference.

Anyway, about device creation and destruction, the difference will come
from transmission speed between unix domain socket and CUSE. I am not
sure which is faster.

Thanks,
Tetsuya

> Regards,