[dpdk-dev] How to add veth interfaces in dpdk

Sachin Sharma sharonsachin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:34:44 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have created veth interfaces using  command "sudo ip link add veth1 type
veth peer name veth2". However, when I use command "sudo
./tools/igb_uio_bind.py --force --bind=igb_uio veth1" to add veth into
dpdk. It gives me an error that "Unknown device: veth1. Please specify
device in "bus:slot.func" format". I do not see even veth interfaces using
command "sudo ./tools/igb_uio_bind.py --status". Is there any way that I
can add these interfaces into dpdk?

Regards,
Sachin.