[dpdk-dev] Multi cores performance degradation

ran levi ranlevi098 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:56:42 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm new to dpdk - played with execution_path, l2fwd and l3fwd examples.
I'm using 82599ES intel dual 10G interface on Xeon X5650 2.67GHz.

I got the following strange results with my tests:

1) Sending 10G in port 0 only - stand in line rate (no misses).
2) Sending 10G in port 1 only - stand in line rate.
3) Sending 20G (ports 0 and 1) and preform rte_eth_rx_burst() on both ports
with single lcore - stand in line rate .
4) Sending 20G (ports 0 and 1) and receiving each port in different lcore -
can't stand in line rate (rx misses).

I do not transmit the packets - just call rte_eth_rx_burst(), increase the
counters and free the mbuf.
All the lcores are on socket 0 (the one closer to the interface).

Any idea? How can i get line rate with multi cores?

Thanks,

Ran.