[dpdk-dev] two tso related questions

Olivier MATZ olivier.matz at 6wind.com
Wed Dec 17 14:02:03 CET 2014

Hi Helmut,

On 12/17/2014 08:17 AM, Helmut Sim wrote:
> [...]

I think the limitations depend on:

- the window size advertised by the peer: your stack should handle this
   and not generate more packets that what the peer can receive

- the driver: on ixgbe, the maximum payload length is 2^18. I don't know
   if there is a limitation on number of chained descriptors.

I think we should define a way to know this limitation in the API. Maybe
a comment saying that the TSO length should not be higher than 256KB (or
fix it to 64KB in case future drivers do not support 256KB) is enough.

Regards,
Olivier