[dpdk-dev] intel x540-at2

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:09:03 CET 2014

Sorry I accidentally excluded the list.  I've pasted the replies:

I see thanks.

I'm actually running my DPDK application on a guest OS but I'm always
getting an invalid instruction error.  I was thinking that this was due to
ixgbevf driver in guest that commands the host driver which is not-fully
supported by DPDK, and consequently ran an invalid instruction.  This
brings me back to the questions:

Are SR-IOV virtual function drivers supported by DPDK  PMD (I guess yes) ?
 If yes, does the physical function (host) driver affects the DPDK
application in any way especially if it isn't fully supported yet by DPDK?

I've tried looking at incompatibility issues with respect to compiler and
processor archs. but it seems OK to me.

Thanks,
Pepe

SR-IOV is supported. There are dependencies with PF driver which handle NIC
configuration. VF/PF communication is done via mailbox.

Please use the list.

Thomas

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.