[dpdk-dev] intel x540-at2

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 15:31:24 CET 2014

Hi Venky,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Venkatesan, Venky <
venky.venkatesan at intel.com> wrote:

> Pepe ,
>
> Was the DPDK library compiled on a different machine and the used in the
> VM? It looks like it has been compiled for native AVX (hence the
> vzeroupper). Could you dump cpuinfo in the VM and see what instruction set
> the VM supports?

Yes, it was compiled in a different machine and it was used in my VM.  I
don't have cpuinfo prog as of the moment so I've pasted my VM's cpuinfo
file instead.

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 58
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2658.957
cache size      : 6144 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc
rep_good nopl pni monitor ssse3 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5317.91
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

 It seems that there is no avx here, does this mean this doesn't support
avx instructions ?

Thanks,
Pepe

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.