[dpdk-dev] send/receive L2 packets from SR-IOV ports using l2fwd-vf

James Yu ypyu2011 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 05:13:10 CET 2014

Jayakumar,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I was using l2fwd in DPDK 1.3.1r2 but could not consistently passing one
directional traffic. I have the following question when using l2fwd:
1. Can I kill the l2fwd using ctrl-c on linux command and restart it again
? Would it be gracefully shutting it down ?
2. If I reboot the VM, would that recover the SR-IOV ?
3. Do I have to issue any commands on the guest or host, or reboot the host
after I restart l2fwd to make the SR-IOV work again ?

Sometime I could pass traffic one directional from Spirent. The traffic was
sent to port 1 and received on port 2. But the other direction sending
traffic to port 2, however, did not receive traffic on port 1.

I have posted the description and setup on the other email thread with this
title "[dpdk-dev] one directional traffic from SR-IOV port using l2fwd". If
you know how to make bi-directional traffic work, please reply to that
email thread.

Thanks.

James