[dpdk-dev] Sending & Receiving Packets

Wiles, Roger Keith keith.wiles at windriver.com
Mon Jan 20 20:08:29 CET 2014

Hi Rishi,

Normally I use 'start <portlist|all>'

pktgen> start 0             # Start port 0 sending
pktgen> start 0,3         # Start port 0 and 3 sending
pktgen> start 0-3        # start port 0, 1, 2 and 3 send packets.
pktgen> start all          # start sending on all ports

pktgen> stp             # stop sending on all ports
pktgen> str             # start sending on all ports

On the main screen is the single packet send configuration for the ports. You need to make sure you set your dst mac to the correct DUT MAC address. If you are fowarding L3 packets then you need to make sure the IP dst/src addresses are correct.

set mac <portlist> etheraddr       - Set MAC addresses 00:11:22:33:44:55
                                                     You can use 0011:2233:4455 format as well

set ip src|dst <portlist> ipaddr   - Set IP addresses

set ip dst 0 192.168.0.10
set ip src 0 192.168.0.1/24

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks
++Keith

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist for Networking member of the CTO office, Wind River
direct 972.434.4136  mobile 940.213.5533  fax 000.000.0000
[Powering 30 Years of Innovation]<http://www.windriver.com/announces/wr30/>