[dpdk-dev] Rx-errors with testpmd (only 75% line rate)

Dmitry Vyal dmitryvyal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:52:00 CET 2014

Hello MIchael,

I suggest you to check average burst sizes on receive queues. Looks like
I stumbled upon a similar issue several times. If you are calling
rte_eth_rx_burst too frequently, NIC begins losing packets no matter how
many CPU horse power you have (more you have, more it loses, actually).
In my case this situation occured when average burst size is less than
20 packets or so. I'm not sure what's the reason for this behavior, but
I observed it on several applications on Intel 82599 10Gb cards.

Regards, Dmitry