[dpdk-dev] non-x86 ? Re: Would DPDK run on AMD processors

Irfan Zia irfanzia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:06:52 CEST 2014

hi Derek,
   we completed a  DPDK  port onto the Tilera's TILE-GX architecture
'Natively' for a customer. Specifically it was on the Gx-36 (36 Tiles) PCIe
card.   Their  team is able to directly take their Host DPDK apps  (NFV
modules and tunnels generators)  and reuse them on the TileNcore-36 PCIe
card 'as-is',   Allowing them to build their system with much economical
and lower power host CPU (Atom 330).

   we are currently completing similar port for Cavium's OCTEON -II.

   And Yergen is right,  we had to resolve many intriguing technical issues
;-)

-irfan
VP Eng
Paxym Inc.