[dpdk-dev] Performance issue with vmxnet3 pmd

Hyunseok hyunseok at ieee.org
Tue Jul 8 01:48:56 CEST 2014

Thanks for your response.

I am actually more interested in stock (non-dpdk) vmxnet3 driver vs.
vmxnet3 pmd driver comparison.

When I forward pkts from stock vmxnet3 driver, I am able to achieve much
higher throughput than with vmxnet3 pmd.  To make comparison fair, I did
not leverage gro/gso.

Does any of the overheads you mentioned play a role in this comparison?
Here I am comparing different drivers for the same vmxnet3 interface...

Regards,
Hyunseok