[dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for guidelines for submission

Hobywan Kenoby hobywank at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:07:43 CEST 2014

Hi Sujith,
It was exciting to see open source code coming from Cisco ensuring a DPDK application can run on any platform and with any card....I haven't seen your patch yet. What happened?
HK

[mailto:dev-bounces at dpdk.org]

dev at dpdk.org

> Subject :
[dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for guidelines

> for submission

> Hi all,

> We have been working on development of poll-mode
driver for Cisco VIC

> Ethernet NIC and integration of it with DPDK.  We would like to submit this

> poll-mode driver (ENIC PMD) to the DPDK community so
that it could be part

> of the DPDK tree.

> Could someone please provide the guidelines and
steps to do this?  As of

> now, ENIC PMD is being tested with DPDK
1.6.0r2.  Is it alright to submit a

> patch for DPDK 1.6.0r2?

> One aspect of ENIC PMD is that it works with
VFIO-PCI and not UIO.  Hope

> this is acceptable.
The following thread in dpdk-dev influenced this

> decision.

> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2013-July/000373.html

> ENIC PMD uses one interrupt per interface and it is
used by the NIC for