[dpdk-dev] About round trip latency with DPDK

Alex Markuze alex at weka.io
Thu Jul 24 10:36:54 CEST 2014

Kai, the latency depends both on what you do and how much you send.
A bigger packet will take longer time to transmit.

Now that thats out of the way I propose you use perf to see how busy
is the cpu and with what.

FYI, ~10us is something that can be achieved with netperf   with a
kernel driver based on interrupts.
The 0.7m latency indicates that something is wrong with your system.

Basically make sure that the cpu is busy with polling only and a small
percent handling the messages.

Hope this helps somehow.