[dpdk-dev] L2FWD with multiple RX/TX queues

Tilak Raj G. tilakraj.g at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:11:34 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to modify L2FWD app to start using multiple RX/TX queues.
Problem I am facing is that ping fails because ARP replies are not received
by the DPDK device. I am seeing that ARP request is received by the
receiving host and it is even sending a ARP reply but this is not received
on DPDK port.

I ensured that I set correct RSS value (as in L3FWD app) and  changed
initialization procedure and removed any modification of packet.

My set up is as shown below :
HostA(172.16.16.101)   <--> (Port0) DPDK Device (Port1) <-->
HostB(172.16.16.102).

I am able to get default L2fwd app after removing packet modification and
testpmd with multiple RX/TX queue to work on this device successfully.

OS : Ubuntu 12.04
Processor :  ATOM
Board :  Intel I354
Command used :  ./l2fwd -c 7f -n 4 -- -p 3
-config=(0,0,1),(0,1,2),(0,2,3),(1,0,4),(1,1,5),(1,2,6)
DPDK Version : 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 (I have tried both)

I have even enable debug messages on PMD and see that no reply packets were
receive on Port1.

Can anybody please help to fix this issue. Kindly let me know if you need
any information.

Thanks and Regards,
Tilak