[dpdk-dev] Running Qemu manually for vswitch

Srikanth Akula srikanth044 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:52:43 CEST 2014

Hi ,

I am currently working to install & run dpdk vswitch for our custom guest
operating system .

I have followed the steps mentioned in the docs section of the git dpdk-ovs
page.

1. I am trying to run Qemu by building an xml file and creating a domain by
using virsh. But it fails with the following error .

error : virCommandWait:2188 : internal error Child process (LC_ALL=C
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin
/usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -help) status unexpected: exit status 1

2. Qemu which is customized for dpdk , is overriding the existing help
strings , which i feel is causing the problems when i use virsh to
build/run guest OS.

Can anybody suggest me the configuration/steps i should use for the
following topology.

                                                   Host machine
                          ixia                           ixia

Thanks & Regards,