[dpdk-dev] Licensing consistency

Butler, Siobhan A siobhan.a.butler at intel.com
Fri Jun 6 22:18:21 CEST 2014

Hi Neil,
I think you highlight some important points here regarding the need for vigilance in licensing each part of the software and it is something we should all be aware of when contributing to dpdk.org.

I can assure you during the development of the features thus far, a great deal of thought and care was applied in regard to keeping the number of varying license to a minimum and to ensure that each one is correct for purpose. Changes to the licensing made over time have been carefully considered at each change.

In relation to the files that have not got the license in the actual file but instead in the corresponding Readme file - the license applies to the files in the
directory unless otherwise clearly stated in the file itself. If you have some suggestions as to how consistency can be better achieved as the community grows and develops that would be great.

Thanks
Siobhan