[dpdk-dev] PCIid 0x0436

Richardson, Bruce bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Jun 23 18:47:33 CEST 2014

I've checked the Intel Communications Chipset 89xx Series (Cave Creek) datasheet [http://www.intel.ie/content/www/ie/en/intelligent-systems/crystal-forest-server/intel-communications-chipset-89xx-series-datasheet.html], and 0x0436 is indeed one of the possible PCI IDs used by that product. However, the datasheet explicitly says that it does not need to be handled by the NIC drivers - compared to say, 0x0438, which does. Table 3-5 in the datasheet indicates what PCI IDs correspond to what connection types. The previous table, Table 3-4, was more confusing and seemed to indicate that the PCI ID was based on the Port number, but Table 3-5 clarifies things.

Regards,
/Bruce