[dpdk-dev] Pcap question

Meir Tseitlin mirots at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:31:19 CET 2014

Hi Olivier,

The patch did solved compilation errors (Thanks!), but now I am again
experiencing linkage error with executables I had in previous versions as
well:

  LD dump_cfg
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-Wl'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[3]: *** [dump_cfg] Error 1
make[2]: *** [dump_cfg] Error 2

  LD cmdline_test
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-Wl'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[3]: *** [cmdline_test] Error 1
make[2]: *** [cmdline_test] Error 2

  LD testpmd
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-Wl'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[3]: *** [testpmd] Error 1
make[2]: *** [test-pmd] Error 2

I tried it with binutils 2.22 and 2.24.

It does not happen when compiling without pcap flag enabled

Can you please put some light on it?

Many thanks
Meir Tseitlin

--