[dpdk-dev] 82599ES NIC support

HS hyunseok at ieee.org
Mon Mar 31 20:16:16 CEST 2014

> Can you check if your PCI device ID is listed in "lib/librte_eal/common/
include/rte_pci_dev_ids.h"?

82599ES is not listed in lib/librte_eal/common/
include/rte_pci_dev_ids.h

On the other hand, 82599EB (which works okay with DPDK) is not listed there
either.

> Can you verify that you have bound your device to "igb_uio", perhaps
using "tools/pci_unbind.py" (maybe renamed to tools/igb_uio_bind.py)?

Yes:

$ sudo pci_unbind.py --status

Network devices using IGB_UIO driver
====================================
0000:07:00.0 '82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection' drv=igb_uio
unused=

> You might also try to edit the ".config" (in your build directory, NOT
the Linux .config) to enable any of the "CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IXGBE_
DEBUG_*" options, in case there are more error messages.

I enabled debugging as you said, and run testpmd app.

It ends with an error "Cause: No probed ethernet devices - check that
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IGB_PMD=y and that CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_EM_PMD=y and that
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IXGBE_PMD=y in your configuration file"

Here is the detailed debug output:
http://pastebin.com/tWkUZBKj

Thanks,
-hs