[dpdk-dev] Qos scheduler question.

Ariel Rodriguez arodriguez at callistech.com
Tue May 20 20:58:11 CEST 2014

Hi , we re implementing bandwith controller per user with the dpdk qos
scheduler framework.

I want to know if the framework support dynamic  changes in the
rte_sched_port structure.
For example, we want to give the possibility to change  the configuration
of the different bucket rates int the port. We have a managment tool thats
allow to change the configuration of the subport , ports, and pipe. We
group a set of subscribers in a pipe. When the subscriber login in the
system, the data of the login specify  the subport and pipe where the
subscriber will be bounded. What we want is give the customer the ability
to change that login information based on their bussiness logic.
So , Can we change the rte_sched_port configuration when a user apllies new
configuration to the system? . I found a solution where we just create a
parallel structure from scratch , and then notifies to the logical core
assigned to the bandwith managment  via rte_ring, when the notification is
process , that core just change the reference of the rte_sched_port  and
frees the old one. i imagine if the old structure has packets on his queues
, this packets are lost, and probably leaked. if there a way to achieve
this, or the framework just support a static configuration