[dpdk-dev] Please any one who can help me with librte_sched

Dumitrescu, Cristian cristian.dumitrescu at intel.com
Tue May 27 20:31:51 CEST 2014

Hi Ariel,

What's wrong with calling rte_sched_subport_config() and rte_sched_pipe_config() during run-time?

This assumes that:

1. Port initialization is done, which includes the following:
a) the number of subports, pipes per subport are fixed
b) the queues are all created and their size is fixed
c) the pipe profiles are defined
d) Basically the maximal data structures get created (maximum number of supports, pipes and queues) with no run-time changes allowed, apart for the bandwidth related parameters. Queues that do not receive packets are not used now, they will be used as soon as they get packets. The packets-to-queues mapping logic can change over time, as well as the level of activity for different users/queues.

2. The CPU core calling the subport/pipe config functions is the same as the core doing enque/dequeue for this port (for thread safety reasons).
a) As you say, the management core can send update requests to the core running the scheduler, with the latter sampling the request queue regularly and performing the updates.

Regards,
Cristian