[dpdk-dev] Intel I350 fails to work with DPDK

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:39:03 CEST 2014

Hai bruce,

I changed the burst size to 16. The code crafts 54 byte TCP packets. It
sends a few packets and shows a segmentation fault.

Below is the portion of the code that sends the packet.

ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(1, 0, m_pool, burst_size);

                if (ret < 16)
                {
                    for(i=(int)burst_size-ret;i<(int)burst_size;i++)

                    {
                    rte_pktmbuf_free(m_pool[i]);
                    printf("\n Packet dropped %d",i);
                    }

                }
                else
                {

                    lcore_stats[lcore_id].tx += (uint64_t)burst_size;
                }

The above code is being run inside an infinite for loop.
m_pool is an array (size 16) of mbuf's allocated using rte_pktmbuf_alloc.

I'm trying to achieve maximum transfer rate. Is there any other way to do
this with Intel DPDK or am I missing something ?
The code works perfectly inside a virtual machine (VMWare) with emulated
NIC's, but as expected the host kernel drops 99% of the packets.

I'm using Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz