[dpdk-dev] UDP Checksum

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Thu Nov 6 17:15:24 CET 2014

As I remember, you have to setup  IPV4 header checksum to 0 and
calculate and setup pseudo-header checksum for UDP.
From app/test-pmd/csumonly.c:
if (pkt_ol_flags & (PKT_RX_IPV4_HDR | PKT_RX_TUNNEL_IPV4_HDR)) {

                        /* Do not support ipv4 option field */
                        l3_len = sizeof(struct ipv4_hdr) ;

                        /* Do not delete, this is required by HW*/
                        ipv4_hdr->hdr_checksum = 0;

                      if (l4_proto == IPPROTO_UDP) {
                                udp_hdr = (struct udp_hdr*) (rte_pktmbuf_mtod(mb,
                                                unsigned char *) + l2_len + l3_len);
                                if (tx_ol_flags & 0x2) {
                                        /* HW Offload */
                                        ol_flags |= PKT_TX_UDP_CKSUM;
                                        if (ipv4_tunnel)
                                                udp_hdr->dgram_cksum = 0;
                                        else
                                                /* Pseudo header sum need be set properly */
                                                udp_hdr->dgram_cksum =
                                                        get_ipv4_psd_sum(ipv4_hdr);