[dpdk-dev] vhost-user technical isssues

Xie, Huawei huawei.xie at intel.com
Fri Nov 14 11:59:29 CET 2014

I tested with latest qemu(with offset fix) in vhost app(not with test case), unmap succeeds only when the size is aligned to 1GB(hugepage size).

Another important thing is  could we do mmap(0, region[i].memory_size, PROT_XX, mmap_offset) rather than with offset 0? With the region above 4GB, we will waste 4GB address space. Or we at least need to round down offset to nearest 1GB, and round up memory size to upper 1GB, to save some address space waste.

Anyway, this is ugly. Kernel doesn't take care of us, do those alignment for us automatically.