[dpdk-dev] checkpatch script

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Tue Nov 25 15:28:41 CET 2014

Hi Pablo,

2014-11-25 13:11, De Lara Guarch, Pablo:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> As we have seen the issues we have had on previous patches due to
> checkpatch,

No we have no issues because of checkpatch ;)
It helps us to see some obvious errors.

> would it be possible to include the up-to-date script in the
> repo? I have realized that people either do not check their patches or check
> them with an old version that do not catch some errors that the latest one
> does, so I think this is a problem.

The real problem is to clearly define all the coding rules and adapt
checkpatch to our needs.

> Plus, I think it would be a good idea to mention it in dpdk.org/dev, as this
> is clearly a requirement for merging patches.

Please, let's close DPDK 1.8 first.
Then we'll have to write some documents and tools to make them approved
after necessary discussions/debates.

--
Thomas