[dpdk-dev] Newbie question on Fortville / i40e with regards to L2 filtering

Zhang, Helin helin.zhang at intel.com
Thu Oct 9 09:47:47 CEST 2014

Hi Iain

It seems that all you wanted to use is about flow director or ether type filter which were all done by Jingjing
Yes, after we sent out patches to dpdk.org, there a lot of code changes have been merged into its master branch. Patching directly to the latest branch might fail. I have two ideas for you.

l  Wait to those being accepted, though I don’t think you will choose this way. ☺

l  Use git to merge them together, before those being accepted.

1.       Check when Jingjing sent out the patches

2.       find out by “git log” on your latest branch a commit which has the same date of Jingjing’s sending patches date

3.       branch a temporary branch based on that commit

4.       patch Jingjing’s code for filters. The patching could be successful 90%.

5.       Then merge the master branch to the temporary branch.

6.       All lastest code on master branch and patches for filters are all in the single branch.

Regards,
Helin