[dpdk-dev] to the intel dpdk engineers and all contributors

daniel chapiesky dchapiesky2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:46:41 CEST 2014

I just watched the closing remarks by Tim Driscol at the dpdk summit....

http://youtu.be/r-JA5NBybrs

At time 4:30, he mentioned the "shock to the system" of developers
expecting a pat on the back and instead receiving critiques of their
code.....

I realized that I was one of those who failed to acknowledge the incredible
work the Intel Engineers and other contributors have produced.

Please let me acknowledge all of you and your efforts with a few comments:

1) Kudos!!:

2) The Packet Framework made me run around waving my hands in the air
yelling: "This is freaking awesome! I don't have to write it myself!!!"

3) The layered architecture is elegant.

4) Examples???? The examples are wonderful! Those who wrote the examples
are my heroes.

5) Docs? Clear, to the point, and better than the other projects we depend
upon (you know who you are)

6) 6Wind - Thank you for taking on the management of the repository and
website - your coordination effort is truly appreciated

7) Did I say the Packet Framework saved me so much time I was actually able
to cut back my coffee intake by 10%!!!!

8) Windriver - PktGen!!!!!  (though I really want to know more about
mcos....)

Finally,

I recently received a pat on the back for the application I have developed.
In truth, that pat should be passed on, since my application depends so
heavily on DPDK.

Thank you.

I encourage others to let the Intel Engineers and contributors know how
much we appreciate the time and effort they have given to DPDK.

Sincerely,

Daniel Chapiesky
AllSource